- Master’s degree in remedial education (KU Leuven, 1984)
- Family Systems Oriented Therapy (Centrum voor de studie van het gezin, Gent, 1992)
- Collaborative and Narrative Therapy (Centrum voor narratieve benaderingen, 2001)
- Post-graduate training in family therapies (Peter Rober and Edith Tilmans – Ostyn, 2006)
- Solution-Focused Approach (Vraagkracht, The Netherlands, 2012)
- ACT-training (ACT-Academy Mortsel, 2013)
- EMDR: Basic modules 1 en 2 (Integrativa, 2018)
- Multiple workshops on the New Authority with Haim Omer
- More than 25 years of experience leading multidisciplinary teams in offering holistic care to vulnerable youth. Strong emphasis on cultural awareness and outreaching approaches.
- More than 20 years of experience as a psychotherapist in a private practice.